Saturday, May 19, 2012

A little over a week away...

We are a little over a week away from Melia's first heart surgery.

I shared an oh-so-sweet moment with Melia this past week.  We were sitting on the porch swing, watching the water and eating ice cream cones together.  We were just watching the water and Melia laid back against me.  After a few moments of silence she looked up at me and quietly said, "Mama."  I thought, "Yes, dear one.  I am your mama.  You can trust me because my love is unconditional and complete."

With blissful trust she looked at me and claimed me as her mama.  She has no idea what is coming in the next few weeks, but she has quickly learned to trust her mama.  I know she will have to walk through some pain to help heal her heart but she doesn't understand this.  She just trusts our love.

As most parents have learned, parenting opens up our eyes and gives us a glimpse of what our Heavenly Father's love is like for all of us.  So, this moment with Melia reminds me that even though I don't know the outcome for this surgery or the ones that will follow, I can lay back against my Savior and breathe.  I can trust fully in his love for me, my marriage, my children.  If painful moments come, I can still trust that He has bigger plans and even the pain has a purpose for good in my life and my children's lives.

This song captures the essence of our porch swing moment and how it so sweetly reminded me of my Father's love...


No comments:

Post a Comment