Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Dream Come True

Rewind 17 years.  I was meeting a wonderful, slightly goofy guy at UNL and after dating awhile decided to dream about getting married!  We talked long hours about our hopes and dreams for our future together.  One of our dreams was a family with biological and adopted children.  We hoped that God might give us four kiddos, two boys and two girls.

Now, I realize not all dreams come true.  Sometimes our desires don't lead us closer to the Lord and so He graciously and lovingly leads us down unexpected paths.  We have experienced this too, but I am so thankful that this dream is coming true...four kids, two boys, two girls, biological and adopted!

I sense that God put the desire for the make-up of our family in our hearts so long ago and we are very close to seeing the fulfillment of our hopes and dreams.  I am filled to overflowing with gratitude for God's goodness.

Speaking of dreams....Ryan and I both woke up this morning having dreamed about China.  My dream involved drinking hot chocolate that had not been boiled and worrying about contracting some intestinal bug from the contaminated water!

No comments:

Post a Comment