Thursday, February 16, 2012

She makes me smile

Have I mentioned how much this little girl makes me smile!


Melia is truly a joy. It has been a little over a month that she has blessed our life with her daily presence and in that time my heart has been filled to overflowing with love for this little one.  I am so thankful that God has graced our family with her.  I am thankful for...
~the way her eyes smile when she giggles
~the hugs she is giving me
~her eye contact
~the way we play games with her bottle and she laughs when I try to help her drink it
~how she asks for bedtime by saying, "nigh, nigh" in a sing-song voice
~her growing vocabulary (only understandable by mom...dog, balloon, mama, daddy, Zac, JJ, Hallie, drink please, bottle, help please, night night)
~the way she uses baby signs so we can communicate
~when she discovers something new and trusts us, like learning to drink from a water fountain or running a food processor
~baking banana bread with her
~taking her for a walk in the stroller
~sharing her with my friends
~the way she dances (bounces up and down) whenever music plays
~how she sucks on her finger
~willingness to try a sippy cup
~giggles and grins her first time swimming
~and on and on and on...

We are getting to know each other more and more everyday and it is a delight!
I have to share some pictures.  Is is just me, or does she make you smile too?








No comments:

Post a Comment