Thursday, January 26, 2012

Getting back to a normal, a new normal

This last week has been downright wonderful! Other than sleep (Melia, Ryan and I are trying hard to readjust to Omaha time) Melia has adapted extremely well into the Horner way of life. My dear friends have been providing me with meals and so I can concentrate on playing and attaching to Melia. We spend our days dancing, singing, playing with stacking blocks and she has even "helped" me with household chores like vacuuming and laundry. She wants to be held a lot, which is a great thing, so sometimes I put her in the sling and we do chores around the house that way. Ryan and I also got to introduce her to our friends at work, friends from school and a few neighbors. She handles all this excitement and change beautifully. Every so often, when I am rocking her and cuddling, I feel that heart of hers beating away. I feel it so prominent on the right side, and I feel for a regular rhythm. I wonder as I keep time with her heart if it is working too hard. I take that time to pray Jesus' name over her life and well-being. We will find out the details of her condition when we meet with the cardiologist toward the end of February. I will post more about her heart at that time. For now, I have to be content knowing Jesus loves this little one more than I ever could. I have to be satisfied that TODAY she is energetic, expressive, eating and sleeping well. TODAY is a blessing. I give thanks that I got to spend time bonding with my baby girl TODAY. Here are some fun pictures from Coming Home and life at home this last week...

No comments:

Post a Comment