Saturday, January 14, 2012

Our newest daughter

Wow!  What a journey this has been.  Ryan and I still have a about a week in China but last night the older three kids left us to go home with Nannie and Poppie.  I am happy that they will be able to get back to a routine and sleep in their own beds, but we are already missing them so very much!  Please pray for their journey home.  They took a train to Hong Kong, slept about 4 hours then walked to the airport.  They are waiting right now to board a flight to Tokyo, then it's on to Detroit.  They have an 8 hour layover in Detroit before flying home to Omaha and arriving around 11 p.m.  It has the potential to be pretty rough, so please pray for some supernatural peace for all the kids and their amazing grandparents!

Ryan and I ventured out to a park with Melia last night.  It was very beautiful and had a little restaurant, so we tried it out.  My stomach did not completely agree with that decision, but I'm feeling fine this morning.  We are anxious to bond with our daughter more this week.  She has shown a preference for Ryan which is very sweet. She even calls him Mama sometimes.  I am a little jealous, but she still enjoys me too.  ~smile~

Ryan has elaborated more about the trip on his blog, but I wanted to touch on my feelings about our little girl's heart condition.  I try not to worry about what the future holds, but I have found myself wondering.  I have noticed she sweats easily when sleeping or eating.  Is that a sign of advancing heart disease?  I wonder if I see a faint blue hue around her lips when she runs or cries.  Am I making that up or is it a sign of her heart worsening?  She has a little bit of a congested cough and runny nose.  Is it just a cold or is the cough related to her heart?

Of course, there is nothing I can do about it except hand those concerns over to the Lord and wait until we arrive home for more information from her pediatric cardiologist.  I have listened to her heart and there is a pretty loud murmur, which I expected to hear.

Over the last year I have been trying to train my mind that in everything and at all times I need to give thanks, because thankfulness is life-giving and worry is life-draining.  I haven't been as focused and intentional about thankfulness lately, so I am recommiting my mind and heart to gratitude today.

I am so thankful for...
~a new daughter to love~her eyes when she smiles~the way she will run to both Ryan and I and give us a great big hug~she sleeps through the night without terrors or tears~she likes to be on the go, as a Horner should~watching Hallie care for her and play with her, she is a truly amazing and loving older sister~when she smiles at Jake and he smiles back, excited that she likes him~Zac holding her on his lap and brushing his finger across her cheek with affection~Ryan's affection toward her.  I already thought he was a fantastic dad, but his passion for her takes his daddy status to a new level~Nannie and Poppie being here and loving all of us with acts of love and service~Chinese people staring and admiring our new family~the hospitality of Chinese people~a Chinese Christian shop owner that said, "He has changed my life."~no tears at the doctor visit~new Holt friends~ and on and on and on...

Colossians 3:15  "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace, and be thankful."


Picutures to enjoy...














4 comments:

  1. She is so full of life...will be praying for safe travels home for Nannie and Poppie with the kids, and for a sweet week for you, Ryan, and Melia. See you in a week!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - We don't know each other, but we have a common interest in some very special hearts, created with purpose by the almighty Creator! I found the link to your blog on the L-TGA page. My 3 1/2 year old son also has L-TGA. I look forward to hearing more about your beautiful daughter! Thanks for inviting us to join your journey!
    Blessings,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sent to your blog by a heart mom friend of mine. Her son has LTGA and is a friend of my daughter's who has HRHS. My daughter is 4 yrs old and is doing great. We are also in the process of adopting a little boy from Korea. He is 10 months old and unfortunately it will probably be a year before we bring him home. We are also using Holt International. I would love to talk to you more. I am praying for you as you finish your time in china and bring your sweet girl home. You are embarking on an amazing journey. The heart world is full of ups and downs, hurt, and joy. God is good and faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love You and your family! Looking forward to having you home and meeting sweet Melia.

    ReplyDelete