Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Heart Is Full

I prayed for encouragement from the Lord last night and today He graciously threw open the flood gates.  I received emails, prayer texts, an unexpected meeting with a friend, songs on the radio spoke to me, a meaningful lunch with a dear friend, phone calls and a precious prayer time with our closest friends to bid us farewell.

We are ready to welcome this gift, our beloved daughter, into our family.  In just 5 days I will be holding her, singing to her and loving her as a mommy should.  I can't even quite express with words the joy mixed with anticipation mixed with gratitude for the opportunity to be chosen by God to parent this dear child.

I humbly ask that you pray for this journey over the next two weeks.  Would you please pray God's best for our family?  Would you pray that the Holy Spirit would lead us all in ways that are everlasting for His Name's sake?  Would you pray for peace to reign among us and in us?

Thank you and farewell...my next post will be from China!

Below is what brought smiles to my face today...






2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Katie,
    I am praying for you and your family today and all week. I'm so excited to see what God has planned for your little girl!
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you guys!! Can't wait to see Melia with her Mommy, Daddy, brothers, and sister!!

    ReplyDelete